Ibotta is seeking an Operational Accounting Manager to join our innovative team and contribute to our mission to Make Every Purchase Rewarding.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Assist in Accounts Receivables and Accounts Payable processing and month-end responsibilities (journal entries, reconciliations, and reporting)
- Responsible for various general ledger accounts and account reconciliations for month-end close processes
- Designing, compiling, analyzing, and providing monthly analytics for reporting financial information to leadership
- Review and monitor AR aging on a monthly basis and work with Accounting Leadership to update AR allowance and remove significantly aged and uncollectible items
- Setting monthly cash collections goals for the Accounts Receivables team
- Monitor deferred revenue balances and work with team to ensure balances are used or repurposed within a year of collecting
- Brainstorm and assist or implement initiatives to reduce DSO and increase DPO
- Oversee collections on a high volume of customers and invoices
- Respond to customers’, partners’ and sales’ questions, resolving problems and reconciling discrepancies in order to expedite collections
- Escalate collection issues to leadership only when needed
- Administer when collection efforts need to be sent to a collection agency or written off
- Work with legal team on customers filing bankruptcy claims and payment plans
- Participate in cross departmental discussions to assess new revenue streams and how we will invoice for those in NetSuite
- Establish and maintain positive interactions with internal departments, such as Client Success, Operations, Technology, Legal, and Finance to resolve invoicing issues, reporting issues, and customer disputes in a timely manner
- Identify opportunities to enhance, improve, implement, and document monthly procedures to increase accuracy, efficiency, and consistency
- Implement and document internal controls around the Order to Cash cycle
- Prepare and/or review documentation for annual audit requests
- Performs special projects upon request from all levels of management
- Responsible for staff development and accountability
What we are looking for:
- Technical Skills: G Suite, Intermediate excel
- 5+ years of overall general accounting experience, including 1+ year of experience managing people preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, CPA required. Deep understanding of GAAP
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to effectively lead and influence staff across all levels, functions and external constituencies
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $85,000-$100,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base compensation.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.