Do you enjoy building businesses that disrupt conventional performance marketing? Does the challenge of unlocking and growing large strategic partnerships invigorate you? Do you enjoy a fast-paced environment? Ibotta is fundamentally changing how the world’s leading brands, retailers, and financial institutions think about digital marketing and consumer rewards. We are looking for a Senior Director to work with the biggest players in grocery retail and banking to make it easier than ever to use Ibotta’s own properties and to make our cash-back offers available directly through retailer loyalty programs and banking rewards programs.
What you will be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Sell in and negotiate partnerships with retailers that enable an integrated Ibotta redemption flow in their stores, whereby Ibotta users simply connect their retailer loyalty account once, and earn cash-back seamlessly (no need to take a picture of their receipt)
- Develop the strategy for Ibotta to extend its reach through partnerships with large grocery retailers and financial institutions in which Ibotta-sourced offers will be available directly within their programs (white-label)
- Build and deliver innovative presentations to prospective partners showcasing the value proposition of working with Ibotta
- Own the entire business development process, gaining leadership buy-in, selling and negotiating partnerships, launching new pilots, and evolving those partnerships based on data-driven results
- Grow, maintain and leverage your network. Attend conferences, trade shows, and industry events to build relationships, close deals and maintain expertise in our industry
- Use innovation, creativity, process, and entrepreneurialism in every interaction you have, both externally and internally
- Negotiate terms. Create win-win partnerships between Ibotta and partners
- Ensure that sales tactics align with the values, goals, and resources of the business
- Ensure retention and growth of existing accounts through adept relationship management and education around new product enhancements
- Work closely with other functional teams, including the CPG sales team, to ensure that our relationships with retailers are driving expected results for our brand partners
- Build and deliver innovative presentations to banks showcasing the value proposition of working with Ibotta and enabling our cash-back offers on their properties
- Travel up to 30% (When it is safe to do so. We are remote for the foreseeable future)
What we are looking for:
- 8-10+ years of national B2B business development experience working with grocery retailer or financial institutions
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Demonstrated track record of success, including ability to pivot and problem solve during a complex, enterprise sales process
- Proven ability to sell into high-level leadership (including C-level) and to navigate potential customer organizations to connect with the business owner/decision maker
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal (candidates do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Flexibility, accountability, and resourcefulness, to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to think and act like an entrepreneur, utilizing creative thinking to deliver value to your stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills: ability to measure the results of your work
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
This position is located in Denver, CO (location flexible) and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $90,000-$120,000. Total compensation for this role also includes an additional variable component, for up to 100% of the agreed upon base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.