Ibotta’s engineering team is growing and we’re looking for a Engineering Manager to lead our Infrastructure Services teams in building our secure and scalable infrastructure. At Ibotta, our engineering team is organized cross-functionally by squads that work on a variety of solutions for the company, including the platform powering our app that is used by millions of consumers. We’re looking for a manager that is inspired by mentoring a talented group of world-class engineers and acting as a technical coach when needed.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency & A good idea can come from anywhere
- Be an expert on the secure infrastructure and automated tooling your squads are building to enable an exceptional developer experience while providing a reliable experience for our users
- Build technical roadmaps to reach business goals
- Foster a positive engineering culture in line with Ibotta’s values
- Ensure your squad has the people needed to be successful
- Support timely delivery of engineering solutions to deliver business needs, while providing a transparent view to progress
- Actively coach and mentor team members in their careers
- Be a reliable decision maker
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of engineering management experience with a proven ability to build awesome, high performing teams and lead complex technical initiatives
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, preferably with an Infrastructure focus
- Experience working directly with cloud platform technologies, including AWS, automated CI/CD pipelines, monitoring and alerting systems, and network and application security tools and processes
- Experience managing vendor relationships and the requirements for 3rd party tools
- Understands and has led agile software development and management
- Comfortable managing team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus and expertise
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment while encompassing our core values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency, and A good idea can come from anywhere
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $750 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.