Are you looking to play an integral role in building something bigger? Ibotta is looking for a Fraud Analyst with a payments background to help combat fraudulent activity with compelling and data-driven analyses. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have experience leveraging big data to provide actionable recommendations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work cross-functionally to analyze large amounts of behavioral and transaction data to uncover fraudulent behavior & activities
- Create predictive models to understand user-level fraud risk
- Facilitate, document, and implement anti-fraud controls, standards and guidelines
- Proactively identify new trends and fraud risks in the business
- Communicate complex analyses and data intricacies in a clear and concise manner to stakeholders
- Work as a key stakeholder to ensure critical fraud risk analytics insights are represented in Ibotta’s behavior/pattern machine learning-based approach to fraud risk management
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of practical work experience in Analytics
- Experience in fraud risk management
- Demonstrated analytical ability, conceptual thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to thrive in an agile environment
- Knowledge of SQL and proven data wrangling skills
- Strong knowledge of advanced statistical analytics techniques
- Experience using modern data analysis tools (Python, R, SAS, etc.)
- Experience with distributed big-data tools like Spark, Hive, Presto a plus
- Experience in a financial services/payments fraud mitigation role a plus
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is transforming the shopping experience by making it easy for consumers to earn cash back on everyday purchases through a single smartphone app. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer rebates on groceries, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, restaurant dining, and more. Ibotta is the premier destination for rewarded shopping on mobile and has paid out more than $500 million in cash back to its users. Launched in 2012, Ibotta has 28 million downloads and is one of the five most frequently used shopping apps in the United States.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.