Ibotta is looking for an Engineering Director to lead our team in building something great while influencing stability and quality of the technology. At Ibotta, our engineering team is organized cross-functionally by squads that build remarkable products for the company, including the platform powering our app that is used by millions of consumers. We’re looking for a director eager to lead multiple teams, and scale the organization while fostering a collaborative, supportive culture.
Here is what you’ll be doing:
- Develop and deploy new strategies for building a high-performance development organization in line with our emerging customer needs.
- Support timely delivery of engineering solutions to deliver business needs, while providing a transparent view to progress.
- Establish technical priorities to accelerate the broader engineering organization, and the roadmaps to achieve those priorities.
- Communicate technical concepts to business stakeholders as well as communicate business objectives to the technical team.
- Collaborates across functional areas to define, prioritize, and ensure implementation of specific innovations to improve technical functionality in support of business needs, efficiencies, and revenue.
- Work with Product Management to prioritize, scope and plan business milestones.
- Foster an organization that understands how to balance technical debt vs. business goals.
- Mentoring engineering managers and senior engineers, addressing technical, resource and personnel issues.
- Supports technical innovation and leads the creation, continual refinement, and active enforcement of our development standards to ensure that our technology enables a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Build an organization with appropriately high technical competence that strives for excellence.
- Research new technologies to stay abreast of industry trends and standards.
Here is what we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience.
- 10+ years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience collaborating with all stakeholders including customers, senior management and other business leaders.
- Understands and has practiced agile software development and management.
- Has had exposure to multiple languages and frameworks as either an engineer or manager.
- Comfortable managing team members with different skill sets and technical areas of focus and expertise.
- Motivated by a fast-paced environment while encompassing our core values: Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency, and A good idea can come from anywhere.
- Demonstrates effective written and verbal communication.
- Has worked with cloud-based data architectures and platforms (AWS preferred).
- Experience with event-driven architectures and platforms (e.g. Kafka) is a strong plus.
- Understanding native mobile app development is a great extra!
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $500 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com.
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, Unlimited PTO, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.