Do you enjoy building businesses that disrupt conventional performance marketing, specifically the Payments industry? Does the challenge of unlocking and growing a new vertical invigorate you? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment problem solving with some of the brightest minds in technology? We are looking for an Entrepreneurial-minded leader to sell to the biggest players in retail and mobile commerce and bring them on to our game-changing platform.
- Own the entire business development process and client relationships, gaining leadership buy-in, selling and negotiating partnerships, launching new platforms, and evolving those platforms based on data-driven results
- Unlock challenging, high-potential verticals, using a combination of innovative tactics to capture spend from traditional digital players, and legacy tactics
- Beat annual revenue targets through the development, advancement, and closure of partnerships and execution of new businesses and expansion of existing business
- Embrace the Lean Startup approach to quickly evaluate new opportunities at a low cost
- Develop and deliver innovative sales presentations that educate prospective clients and partners on Ibotta’s value proposition, roadmap, and partnership opportunities
- Grow, maintain and leverage your network. Attend conferences, trade shows, and industry events to build relationships, close deals and maintain expertise in our industry. Establish yourself as an industry expert
- Use innovation, creativity, process, and entrepreneurialism in every interaction you have, both externally and internally
- Listen to clients (existing and potential) and identify opportunities to grow and enhance the business and our products
- Negotiate terms. Create win-win partnerships
- Ensure that sales tactics align with the values, goals, and resources of the business. Work with leadership to establish appropriate targets
- Ensure retention and growth of existing accounts through adept post-campaign account management and education around new product enhancements
- Work closely with other functional teams to ensure client partnerships are successfully executed from start to finish
- Continually refine your skills and expertise to stay ahead of the demands of your role
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 7+ years of national B2B business development experience in grocery, payments, big box retailers, Mobile or e-Commerce, including 2+ years people managing preferable.
- Demonstrated track record of success, including ability to pivot and problem solve during a complex, enterprise sales process with C-level executives
- Brilliant communication skills, both written and oral. Master presenter (candidates must do a mock pitch as part of the hiring process)
- Strong negotiation skills. Demonstrated ability to close the deal
- Outstanding leadership abilities and proven success as a leader with a large or high-growth organization
- Flexibility, accountability, resourcefulness, and ability to work with little direction in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Ability to think and act like an entrepreneur, with a demonstration of the ability to use creative thinking to deliver value to your stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills: innate compulsion to measure the results of your work
- Travel up to 40% required
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $600 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.