Ibotta is searching for a Senior Market Researcher to deliver actionable and meaningful quantitative & qualitative-driven insights from our customers to drive immediate impact within the organization. As a Senior Market Researcher, you will partner with our marketing teams working on communication campaigns, acquisition & retention, and product innovation marketing to test and optimize marketing ideas. We are looking for a researcher with broad based experience in quantitative & qualitative research methodologies who has a passion for identifying the needs of consumers and is driven to achieve business goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Independently manage and execute qualitative and quantitative research initiatives from project scoping through report-out
- Manage and conduct custom qualitative research including, but not limited to, ethnographies, in-depth interviews, and focus groups
- Build and execute custom quantitative research including questionnaire development, programming, stat testing, analysis, and report writing
- Work cross-functionally with teams to define research objectives based on their needs and business goals
- Identify key insights from research and provide clear implications and recommendations to cross-functional partners in order to inform and optimize brand strategy and business tactics within the organization
- Make insights actionable and evangelize findings at various levels of the organization
- Manage third-party research applications & vendors as necessary
- Evangelize consumer research best practices across the company
What we are looking for:
- 4-6 years related work experience in executing both quantitative & qualitative custom research
- Bachelor's Degree or higher education in Business Administration, Marketing, Data Analytics, Statistics or another relevant major [e.g. Cognitive Psychology, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology]
- Ability to demonstrate a broad-based understanding of custom research design principles for both generative & evaluative objectives across qualitative & quantitative methodologies
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team and drive impact by inspiring confidence in and respect for the contributions of research
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to stakeholders, cross-functional counterparts and senior leadership within the organization
- Comfort managing multiple simultaneous projects while applying great attention to detail
- Understanding and ability to conduct a variety of research methodologies such as concept testing, idea screens, and custom survey work as well as experience moderating qualitative research studies such as in-depth interviews, focus groups, and/or ethnographies
- Understanding of key marketing principles such as user acquisition, user retention, communication strategies, brand positioning, segmentation, targeting, etc.
- Understanding of how marketing teams interact with the product development cycle.
- CPG or Tech industry experience is not required but preferred
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $600 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.