Ibotta is looking for a Senior User Experience Researcher to deliver actionable and meaningful data-driven insights from our customers to shape the future of the Ibotta product experience. You will partner with the product managers, product designers, engineers, and analysts to shape all stages of development, from uncovering new opportunities to refining the current in-app experience. While qualitative research methodologies comprise the majority of the work, we are looking for a researcher experienced in both qualitative and quantitative research methodologies to improve the experience for our customers and achieve business goals.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work cross-functionally with teams to define and execute every aspect of research initiatives for both new and existing product experiences
- Deliver actionable insights to help inform product strategy and tactics by conducting both generative and evaluative research
- Be a proactive cross-functional partner in suggesting research opportunities and new research approaches to fit the development teams’ needs and their business goals
- Be a thought leader within the research team by participating in cross-functional share-outs and workshops
- Help grow the UX research practice at Ibotta, including mentoring junior researchers
- Evangelize UX research best practices across the company
- Manage third-party research vendors, as necessary
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years research experience, including an established, heavily trafficked, consumer-facing product, or an equivalent combination of research experience and post-graduate education in related field (Design, Computer Science, Cognitive Psychology, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, HCI, Human Factors, etc.)
- A demonstrated understanding of UX principles, both design and research
- Proven ability to be a contributing member of a cross-functional team and inspire team confidence in and respect for the contributions of research to enhance the user experience and drive impact
- A demonstrated ability to effectively partner with and communicate to stakeholders, designers, product managers, engineers, analysts, and marketers
- Past work examples of leading strategic research with significant business outcomes as well as putting together research roadmaps
- Comfort managing multiple research projects concurrently, including participant recruiting as well as fielding and analysis, with great attention to detail
- Deep understanding of qualitative research methodologies such as ethnography, contextual inquiry, interviews, usability testing, and lab/remote sessions, along with experience with some quantitative methods
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $600 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.