Ibotta’s mission is to Make Every Purchase Rewarding. Ibotta provides cash back rewards on everyday purchases from the grocery store to hailing an Uber or booking a hotel online. Our most recent launch of Pay with Ibotta allows our Savers to pay directly from the app and get instant cash back at hundreds of retailers and restaurants. Consumers have earned over $600M to date using our free app, which has become one of the top five most frequently used mobile shopping applications in the US.
We are guided by our company values, which are Integrity, Boldness, Outhustle, Teamwork, Transparency, and A Good Idea Can From Anywhere (IBOTTA). We are a high performing team and our leaders consider themselves to be performance coaches with a primary responsibility of accelerating the career success of their teammates. We enjoy establishing and routinely surpassing wildly ambitious goals. We know that the more our consumers and advertisers win, the more we win, and we love working with like-minded teammates to do just that.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be a key business partner to the CEO and senior management team in the development and execution of the Company’s strategic and financial plans. While the CFO’s primary responsibilities will encompass all financial elements of the organization, this individual’s general business acumen, team leadership, and performance management will be equally important in the successful execution of the CFO’s daily responsibilities.
We are seeking a leader who is adept at managing all aspects of the strategic planning process, including assisting all levels of the organization in pursuing the projects that provide the best return on Ibotta’s capital relative to other alternatives. Accordingly, the ideal candidate will have extensive experience leading financial modeling, including NPV based project analysis, M&A scenario planning, etc. and leading a cross-functional team to utilize these models to inform and execute on the best and most profitable business projects and strategies. Related, the CFO will be an excellent communicator who will ensure Ibotta’s business leaders, external partners, and board members are aligned and energized about its underlying business strategy and future value creation opportunities.
- Lead the efforts to develop both the current strategic and long-term capital plan for the business, including evaluating current/future projects, prioritizing those projects to create long-term value, and establishing the overall financial structure to support Ibotta’s long term growth (e.g., debt and equity raising as appropriate)
- Run a highly effective finance and accounting organization with specific responsibility for driving the organization’s fiscal performance. Activities include oversight of the core accounting functions, financial planning and analysis, cash management, credit and collections, budget/annual plan preparation, and audit. As the Company expands, tax and treasury functions will become increasingly important and must be enhanced to meet operational needs.
- Drive performance management through the creation of key metrics/KPIs that provide a forward-looking view into trends requiring management decisions and actions; report quarterly at Board meetings, with the ability to create and present specific information to investors. Improve and systematize FP&A processes, as well as KPI and financial performance reporting against company targets and goals
- Serve as primary interface to the audit committee of the Board of Directors; present financial and operational plans to the Board of Directors. Provide confidence and assurance to the Board regarding the Company’s operations through competence, integrity and professionalism.
- Develop and scale the company’s financial and operational infrastructure required to meet agreed performance goals and targets within established budgets and timescales.
- Automate processes and systems to achieve efficiency gains and quality improvements on a sequential basis.
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team of managers and professionals; provide active mentoring as a cornerstone to career development. Attract, retain and promote individuals suited to operate in an entrepreneurial environment, requiring a willingness to “roll-up-the-sleeves”, while prioritizing overall strategic execution
- Ensure relationships between departments are collaborative and constructive, supporting the development and execution of operating plans on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Deep experience developing financial and strategic plans to maximize long-term value is a must
- The ability to strike a balance between managing the day-to-day finance function while prioritizing oversight of the strategic vision of the Company
- Financial and business acumen to negotiate key business contracts (The company’s customer base is comprised of large, global and sophisticated customers)
- Experience operating in organizations where long-term growth and value creation is a priority
- Strong track record of achievement as evidenced by tangible accomplishments in professional, academic and community settings
Personal Attributes and Values
- Self-confident, self-driven leader who will speak up, does not succumb to groupthink and is comfortable weighing in or articulating a contrary point of view in a collaborative setting. Embraces healthy conflict based on a foundation of trust in order to reach the best possible outcomes. Capable of handling difficult conversations, does not defer them unduly, and can teach others how to do the same.
- Self-aware, collaborative, and open to feedback
- Straightforward, no-nonsense style. Calm and level-headed under pressure.
- A great communicator who leads by example and inspires teams at all levels of the organization.
- Impeccable integrity and ethical standards. What you see is what you get. Honest, straightforward and accustomed to aligning with peers on the SLT and preventing divisions from emerging between departments.
Headquartered in Denver, CO, Ibotta (“I bought a...“) is a free app that's transforming the shopping experience by making every purchase rewarding. The company partners with leading brands and retailers to offer real cash back on groceries, travel, electronics, clothing, gifts, home and office supplies, dining out, and much more. Ibotta is the ultimate starting point for savings, and having paid out more than $575 million in cash rewards to its Savers, it's no surprise why Ibotta is one of the most downloaded shopping apps in the United States
Learn more about Ibotta here: https://liferewarded.ibotta.com/press-and-media/
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), 401k, commuter stipend, and equity.
- Ibotta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and genetics.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.